Date(s) - Saturday, November 21, 2015
Brandywine Town Center 4050 Brandywine Parkway Wilmington, DE 19803
Located near the intersection of US-202 (Concord Pk.) and DE-92 (Naaman’s Rd.)
Held at the Community Center in front of the shopping center near the fountain and pool.
On November 21, 2015 the Philadelphia Division will once again hold its late fall meet at the Brandywine Town Center Community Center near the intersection of US-202 and DE-92 in Wilmington, DE. Directions can be found on page 7 of November issue of The Dispatcher and a full-size map above. Doors will open at 8:30am with the program starting promptly at 9:00.
For this event, we will be hosting members from two Boy Scout Troops: #52 from West Bradford, PA, and #75 from Christiana, Delaware. The purpose is to introduce scouts and their families to model railroading to promote the hobby among the younger generations. Also on hand will be Don Jennings, the MER Liason to the Boy Scouts.
Clinics to be presented will include:
1) Fred Monsimer – Building a Module. An introduction to modular model railroads, showing how modules are designed, built, arranged into layouts, and operated.
2) Mike Baker – Painting 101: Locomotives and Rolling Stock. This clinic will cover the preparation, research, paints, masking, decaling, sealing, and final detail and assembly of models. Basic properties of paints, and basic airbrush skills will be discussed. Sample models include at least one steam locomotive, one diesel, one multi-colored model, two pieces of rolling stock and either a MOW model or passenger car. The idea is to make everyone comfortable with the models, tools and paints so they can achieve contest quality results.
• CHAIRS NEEDED: The venue is short on chairs. In order to help accommodate our guests we are asking members to bring one or two folding chairs, if you have any, with your name taped to the back.
• OLD RR MAGAZINES: Please bring any unwanted magazines you have to use as handouts.
• DOOR PRIZE DONATIONS: Any items you no longer want are much appreciated for our door prize drawings.
As usual, there will also be a white elephant table for anything you might want to sell, a model table to show off any completed or in-progress projects, door prizes, a 50/50 raffle, and of course, coffee, tea, donuts, and Philly pretzels. Come and join in the fun!
Afternoon layout tours are courtesy of the annual November Model Railroad Open House event.
Get the schedule at modelrailroadopenhouse.com
All NMRA members welcome! Feel free to bring a guest you think might be interested in becoming a member. Free 6-month introductory membership applications will be available.